Pam has more than 20 years of medical practice management, billing and coding, reimbursement, auditing and compliance experience.
She is an engaging presenter via webinar, classroom and conference on various topics that impact each step of the revenue cycle in healthcare practices. Pam Read more
This webinar will discuss overviews of each of the four sections of 2019 ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting. These are the guidelines that payers use when processing your claims. It will teach how accurate ICD-10 reporting ties to patient encounter, reimbursement and reporting, how to use chapter 7, how to use the A, D, S & documentation requirements. Expert will give examples of commonly used guidelines, such as sequencing, code first, code also, etiology and manifestation.
Why Should You Attend:
ICD-10-CM was developed to help the coder and healthcare provider to identify the diagnosis to be reported. The diagnosis code supports the medical necessity for the service and tells the payer why the service was performed. It can be the source of denial if it doesn't show the medical necessity for the service performed. Accountable care organizations base part of their reimbursement on a determination of the acuity of their population of patients. That is, some insurance contracts pay a higher rate at the end of a contract year to practices or systems that care for sicker patients.
As our healthcare system has transitioned from fee-for-service medicine, more groups will have these types of adjustments made to their overall payments, making understanding the 2019 ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting an essential part of the patient encounter and key in obtaining accurate reimbursement for the healthcare system.
If your practice has not yet started training on guideline changes, attend this webinar now to get ready for ICD-10 2019 to enhance clinical documentation that will reflect the more detailed changes.
• 2019 ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting Overview
• Discuss how accurate ICD-10 reporting ties to patient encounter, reimbursement and reporting
• Review upcoming changes for chapter specific guidelines
• Clear explanation of how to use the 7th character
• Closer look on proper use of A, D, S and documentation requirements
• Review examples of most commonly misunderstood guidelines
• Examples of commonly used guidelines, such as sequencing, code first, code also, etiology and manifestation
• Revisit the denials that your organization may be experiencing due to sequencing errors in your coding process and meeting compliance with documentation requirements
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
• Medical Billing and Coding Teams
• Medical Practice Managers/Administrators
• Compliance Committees
• Revenue Cycle Management Professionals
Recorded Link and Reference material will be available in My Account Section, 48 hrs after completion of training
Training CD-DVD will be dispatched after 72 hrs on completion of training